The International Society for Stereology and Image Analysis (ISSIA) organizes a PhD competition intended to recognize a PhD conducted in the area of stereology and/or image analysis. The competition is open to PhD students who defended their thesis after September 1st 2019. In addition, it is requested for the PhD student or his/her supervisor to be ISSIA member at the time of the application submission. The PhD thesis must use image analysis and/or stereological methods.
The prize for the winner of the competition is a grant of 1000 euros. In addition, the awardee will have the opportunity to present his/her research at the 16th International Congress for Stereology and Image Analysis held in Xi'An (China) on October 27-30, 2023. A certificate will be delivered to the awardee.
The PhD thesis will be evaluated according to the following criteria
- Scientific quality of results
- Quality of image analysis and/or stereological methods used in the thesis
- Originality of methods and applications
Applications should include
- The Curriculum Vitae of the candidate
- The Thesis of the candidate, along with a 2 pages summary highlighting the contribution of the PhD thesis to stereology and image analysis
- A list of publications, manuscripts or patents, with the contribution of the candidate clearly specified.
- A recommendation letter from the PhD advisor and/or from someone in the PhD defense committee.
If you are interesting to participate in the competition, please send your application at the following email address: bruno.figliuzzi-at-minesparis.psl.eu. The detailed rules for the competition can be found here.
- Application Deadline June 1, 2023
- Competition for Best Thesis in ISSIA - Rules