The International Society for Stereology and Image Analysis (ISSIA) organizes a PhD competition intended to recognize a PhD conducted in the area of stereology and/or image analysis. The competition is open to PhD students who defended their thesis not earlier than 48 months before the date of deadline for applications. In addition, it is requested for the PhD student or his/her supervisor to be ISSIA member at the time of the application submission. The PhD thesis must use image analysis and/or stereological methods.
The prize for the winner of the competition is a grant of 1000 euros. In addition, the awardee will have the opportunity to present his/her research at a congress of the Society. A certificate will be delivered to the awardee.
The PhD thesis will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Scientific quality of results
- Quality of image analysis and/or stereological methods used in the thesis
- Originality of methods and applications
Applications should include:
- The Curriculum Vitae of the candidate
- The Thesis of the candidate, along with a 3 pages summary highlighting the contribution of the PhD thesis to stereology and image analysis
- A list of publications, manuscripts or patents, with the contribution of the candidate clearly specified.
- A recommendation letter from the PhD advisor and/or from someone in the PhD defense committee.
If you are interesting to participate to the competition, please send your application at the following mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The detailed rules for the competition (Competition for Best Thesis in ISSIA - Rules.pdf).
Application Deadline: 2017, March 31st