The International Society for Stereology & Image Analysis (ISSIA) is an international scientific society aiming to promote stereology and image analysis in a wide range of disciplines, such as mathematics, biomedicine, physics, geology, metallurgy, plant biology, etc. ISSIA organizes alternatingly International and European Conferences every two years.
Stereology is an interdisciplinary field of research concerned with the three-dimensional interpretation of lower dimensional samples of materials or tissues. It utilizes random, systematic sampling to provide unbiased and quantitative data from microscopic images.
The upcoming 12th European Congress for Stereology and Image Analysis will take place in September 11-14, 2017 in Kaiserslautern. Members of ISSIA have a reduced conference registration fee.
Benefits of ISSIA membership includes:
- Subscription to the printed version of the open-access official ISSIA journal Image Analysis and Stereology
- Reduced publication fees in Image Analysis and Stereology
- Reduced rates at congresses, courses and workshops organized by ISSIA
- Possibility for student members to apply for Hans Elias bursaries enabling participation in ISSIA Congresses for Stereology and Image Analysis
- Possibility to take part in a competition for the best PhD thesis using stereology and/or image analysis – directly or as a supervisor of the PhD student
- Access to the LinkedIn forum